Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male Engineering Graduates for 132nd Technical Graduate Course (TGC) commencing in Jan 2021 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for Permanent Commission in the Indian Army.
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : - (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Nepal, or (iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, will attach such certificate alongwith the application.
- Age Limit: 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2021. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 2001, both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification for Applying: Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jan 2021 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Indian Military Academy (IMA). Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
Note: The date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate or an Equivalent Examination Certificate on the date of submission of application will only be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note: For induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below at Para 3. To become eligible for induction into TGC-132 course at IMA, Dehradun, candidates studying in final year of engineering must ensure that he submits the proof of his passing Engg degree exam by 01 Jan 2021 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his candidature will be cancelled.
Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. Variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment / marksheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
|Engineering Streams (Listed in AI)||Equivalent Stream (AICTE Approved)||Vacancy|
|Civil||Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering ), Structural Engineering||10|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering , Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engineering , Mechanical & Automation Engineering||03|
|Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics||Electrical Engineering , Electrical Engineering (Electronics & Power), Power System Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering||04|
|Computer Sc & Engg / Computer Technology/ Info Tech/ M. Sc Computer Sc||Computer Engineering , Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering , Information Science & Engineering||09|
|Electronics & Telecom/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Comn/ Satellite Communication/ Opto Electronics||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering , Telecommunication Engineering , Electronics & Communication Engineering , Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering||06|
|Aeronautical/ Avionics||Aeronautical Engineering, Avionics Engineering||02|
|Industrial/ Manufacturing||Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering & Management, Industrial & Production Engineering, Industrial Engg & Mgt, Industrial/ Manufacturing||01|
Note 1: These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on organizational requirements.
Note 2: Recommended candidates of TGC-132nd course (Jan 2021) whose merit is not within the number of allotted vacancies of respective Engineering streams, may be offered to join SSC (Tech) course (Apr 2021), subject to meeting all other eligibility conditions.
Type of Commission
- Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry in the rank of Lt.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit (engineering stream-wise) upto the number of available vacancies and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Duration of training - 49 weeks.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. A candidate, if he marries while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be inducted for training, and his candidature will be cancelled.
- Cost of Training: The entire cost of training at IMA is at Government expense. In case the Gentleman Cadet is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than medical ground or beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs.11952/- per week till 30 Sep 2020, thereafter a yearly escalation of 8% p.a will be calculated on the Per Capita cost of Training for each ensuing year (or as notified from time to time) apart from allied charges as fixed by the government from time to time, for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
The final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to passing out of gentleman cadets from IMA and will be at the sole discretion of Integrated HQ of Ministry of Defence (Army) keeping in view the existing policy. The candidate will not have any objection in the event of his final selection on allotment of any arms/service in the interest of the organisation. No representation is tenable on this account.
How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in). Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page Officers Selection ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments - Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of your details, click on ‘Submit Now’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
Note 1: No changes to details submitted in online application can be made after closure of application. No representation in this regard shall be entertained.
Note 2: CGPA/Grades must be converted into Marks as per the formulae adopted by the concerned University for filling ‘Marks obtained in Graduation’ in online application. Any discrepancy observed at any stage of selection process will lead to cancellation of candidature.
Note 3: Candidate’s name/ Parent’s name (Father & Mother)/ Date of Birth in the profile and online application must be as per Matriculation /Secondary School Examination Certificate or Equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board of education. Variation in above details will lead to cancellation of the candidature.
- Self attested copy of following documents alongwith their originals are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidates:-
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with self attested photograph.
- Matriculation/Secondary School Examination certificate or equivalent certificate and marksheet issued by the concerned Board of Education.
- 12th Class Marksheet and Certificate or Equivalent Certificate.
- Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree issued by the university.
- Mark sheets of all Semesters. (Revised mark sheets issued by a Board/University after submission of online application by the candidate will not be accepted for shortlisting for this course).
- Certificate issued by the Controller of Examination/Registrar of the concerned University regarding formula for conversion of CGPA/ Grades into marks followed by the University.
- A certificate issued by the Controller of Exam/Registrar/Dean of the concerned University or Principal of the College regarding cumulative percentage of marks upto 6th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer science/ 8th semester for Architecture as per Rules/Guidelines of the University which is applicable to the candidate.
- Certificate from the Principal/ Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and his result will be declared by 1st of the month of commencement of course (for final year appearing candidates).
- Declaration by the candidate of final year Engineering degree course that he will submit the proof of passing by 1st of the month of commencement of course to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his candidature will be cancelled.
Note 1: Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or Equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board of Education will only be accepted as proof of Date of Birth, candidates name and Parent’s name (Father & Mother) (No other document like Admit card/ Marksheet/Transfer certificate etc are acceptable).
Note 2: In case Parent’s name (Father & Mother) is not mentioned in matriculation/ Secondary School Examination certificate or equivalent certificate, the candidate is required to produce any document issued by Government of India or States Govt such as PAN card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving licence etc. for verification. However, Candidate’s name and his Parents’s name filled in online application must match exactly with those mentioned in the produced document.
Selection Procedure. The selection procedure is as follows:-
Please visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedures of Medical Examination for Officers Entry into Army as applicable.
Entitlement for Travelling Allowance. Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC-III Tier to and fro Railway fare or Bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will NOT be entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion. For any query/clarification regarding admissibility or payment of Travelling Allowance, the candidates may directly approach the concerned Selection Centres.
MERIT LIST. IT IS TO BE NOTED THAT MERE QUALIFYING AT THE SSB INTERVIEW DOES NOT CONFIRM FINAL SELECTION. MERIT LIST WILL BE PREPARED ENGINEERING STREAM/SUBJECT WISE ON THE BASIS OF THE MARKS OBTAINED BY THE CANDIDATE AT SSB INTERVIEW. HIGHER EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, PREVIOUS PERFORMANCES, NCC BACKGROUND, ETC HAVE NO ROLE TO PLAY. THOSE IN THE MERIT LIST AND WHO COME WITHIN THE STIPULATED STREAM WISE VACANCIES, AND ARE MEDICALLY FIT WILL BE ISSUED JOINING LETTERS FOR PRE-COMMISSIONING TRAINING AT IMA DEHRADUN SUBJECT TO MEETING ALL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.
Any ambiguity/ false information/ concealment of information detected in the certificates/ documents/ online application will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of selection and thereafter.
The candidate should have never been debarred from appearing in any examination by UPSC.
The candidate should have never been arrested or convicted by a criminal court or involved in any case.
Candidates withdrawn from NDA, IMA, OTA, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy or any service training Academy on disciplinary grounds are not eligible to apply.
For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information, please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Queries will be replied ONLY through ‘Feedback/ Query option available on the website.
Please read the Notification, tickers on website, Joining Instructions, Frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other instructions uploaded on the website thoroughly before submission of queries in ‘Feedback/Query’ on our website.
In order to avoid last hour rush and ensure timely response, queries received upto 03 days prior to closing of online application will ONLY be entertained/replied
|ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 28 JUL 2020 AT 1200 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 26 AUG 2020 AT 1200 HRS.|